Monday, March 7, 2011

zuckonit

Next is Elliot. They’re also open but with no indexes on Apache. I can run an empty search and it returns all of the images in the database in a single page. Then I can save the page and Mozilla will save all the images for me. Excellent. Moving right along.


First up is Kirkland. They keep everything open and allow indexes in their Apache configuration, so a little WGET magic is all that’s needed to download the entire Kirkland facebook. Kids’ stuff.


Yea, it’s on. I’m not goona do the farm animals but I like the idea of comparing two people together. It gives the whole thing a very Turing feel since people’s ratings of the pictures will be more implicit than, say, choosing a number to represent each person’s hotness like they do on hotornot.com. The first thing we’re going to need is a lot of pictures. Unfortunately, Harvard doesn’t keep a centralized public facebook so I’m going to have to get all the images from the individual houses that people are in. Let the hacking begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment